Monday, June 4, 2007

One of the cool things about living in Hollywood...

Is that some really amazing things could be in the process of being created right next to you and you wouldn't even know it. Case in point: The "house" that's right next door to my apartment.

Along with being on one of the upper floors, my apartment is at the very end of the building. When i'm on my balcony drinking beer, given a fairly strong westerly wind, I can spit over my railing and hit the roof of that "house."

That "house" is also called "Sunset Sound Studio."
Led Zepplin first recorded Stairway To Heaven there (and the entire IV album). The artist lineup is amazing. Some of my faves:

Miles Davis
Louis Armstrong
Rolling Stones
James Taylor
Tom Petty
Van Halen
Smashing Pumpkins
Bob Dylan
Weezer
Elliott Smith
Fleetwood Mac
Art Garfunkel
Beck
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Check out their site for a little music history: www.sunsetsound.com

I wonder who's down there right now! I'm going to go spit.



4 comments:

David said...

Dude... no words. Have you gone over there to make friends yet? You know, "I'm your neighbor, Peter, here's some cookies, oh, by the way, can I hang out with you and take pictures of all your bands?"

Come on, man! If you don't, I will :)

By the way, Taylor's going to be out of town when I'm there in July... I was planning on staying with him, but since he's gone, do you think maybe I could crash with you? Call me if you think that would be okay. Thanks!

peteyd said...

Hey Dave i'll give you a call and hopefully the dates work out because that would be awesome.

Did you check out the F-16 video on my blog? I think you're the only one who'd be into it. it gets really sweet at like 1:20

David said...

Yeah, I just checked it out. Man, that's so awesome! I wish I could fly jets...

Tim Halberg said...

very very cool!! spitting is healthy.