Monday, June 4, 2007

May I Be Weaved In Your Hair

If you know me well or have taken a ride in my car with the ipod plugged in, you know that Iron and Wine (Sam Beam) is my favorite musician. A little over a year ago (i think) I was actually given the opportunity to shoot a portrait of him for Risen Magazine. After making the portrait but before the article could be published, the writer of the piece quit the magazine and took the copyright to the story with her. So the story, and therefore the portrait, has gone unpublished and has been sitting on my hard drive ever since. It's one of my favorite portraits that i've shot, so i figured at least i'd share it with friends who visit my blog. I think i'm liking this blogging thing...

Oh, and one of the coolest parts was Sam's T-shirt selection. The stylist had about 10 different shirts for him to choose from and he went for the plain green/gray urban outfitters basic tee, which, again, if you know me well is one of my personal faves.

To go along with the portrait, i've added Iron and Wine's music video for "Naked as We Came" over in the music video section. Sam directed it himself.

Go buy as much of his music as you can.

Good night -

7 comments:

June said...

YAY! PETER HAS A BLOG :)

La Bamba said...

Excellent post Petey. Love the pic, love your blog, love you.

La Bamba said...

I'm not sure why La Bamba is my name Petey. Apparently, I signed up as that some time ago.
La Bamba=Lar Bear

Colin Franger said...

Yo Peter-

I am glad to see that you have a blog. I periodically visit your website to appriate the beauty of your photos. Now you have a blog... flippin sweet. Iron and Wine... Classic. Be well...

Blaine's little bro.

Unknown said...

Very nice...

Tim Halberg said...

oh... so if someone wanted to get a start buying Iron and Wine albums... which would be the first to purchase to gain an appreciation?

peteyd said...

Hey Tim,
I'd recommend starting out with "Our Endless Numbered Days." If you like it then try some of his older stuff or some of the live tracks you can download from itunes. It's really mellow. good for sitting on that back porch with your lady.