Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Thin Red Line

A few quotes from one of my favorite films. Also just an FYI for anyone who cares, Terrence Malick is currently filming his next feature, Tree Of Life, which looks like it is starring Brad Pitt and Sean Penn. I can't wait for this.

WELSH:"In this world, a man himself, is nothin'. And there ain't no world but this one."
WITT: "You're wrong there Top - I seen another world - sometimes I think it's just my imagination."
WELSH: "Well, then you seen things I never will."


WITT: "One man looks at a dying bird and sees nothing but pain. Another man looks at the same bird and feels the glory."


WITT: "Everyone looking for salvation by himself; he's like a coal, thrown from the fire."

2 comments:

Stephen Abbas said...

I am watching the "Garbage Pail Kide" movie right now. Made in the 80's, a good year for movies.

David said...

Did you know they're filming Tree of Life about an hour outside of Austin? This guy I know is running camera on their 2nd crew for it, and I've been seeing ads pop up on craigslist for volunteers to help prep locations. Pretty cool.